Lead Guest Specialist, Garrett’s Family Market Mashpee/ Centerville – Entry-Level Full-Time Position
The Lead Specialist(LS) will train new employees in the Guest Specialist role while supporting the Manager and Assistant Manager. The LS will enforce the importance of the duties and responsibilities of being a Guest Specialist while providing superior customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
Required to complete the Lead Specialist training program including passing the coursework and training scenarios.
Includes all duties and responsibilities of a Guest Specialist. (See Guest Specialist Job Description)
Will be responsible for assisting the management team in training new Guest Specialists on the following:
– Providing on the job training
– Customer Service
– Ready Ride inspections
– Age restricted products. Bars Program.
– Cash Reconciliation
– Suggestive selling
Will assist the manager and assistant manager with other store duties such as:
– Order writing
– Entering invoices into PDI
– Markups, markdowns and unknown UPC procedures
– Delegating tasks to guest specialist staff
– Be familiar with HR policies and programs such as Uniform Returns and Time Off Requests.
– Retail Inventory procedures
– Other tasks as assigned.
Assistant Manager, Garrett’s Family Market Mashpee/ Centerville – Full Time
The Assistant Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations, as well as the employees in the manager’s absence. Duties include product orders, tracking damaged / waste products, all store inventories, daily banking, daily, weekly, and monthly paperwork, personnel management including hiring, coaching and discipline, training, and scheduling. Assistant Manager is required to complete all other store tasks, activities, and work‑related responsibilities as assigned by your store manager in a prompt, cooperative and accurate manner. The Assistant Manager is on call and must have a working phone.
– General Management
To manage other employees to perform the following activities and set an example while performing the tasks outlined below: Greet each customer with the specified company greeting. Give all customers prompt and courteous service. Always observe shift operating hours as assigned by the Store Manager Perform specific tasks as assigned by the Store Manager. Assist the Store Manager in seeing that the store maintains a store‑inspection grade of at least 90% on the store‑inspection report. Adhere to all city, and state Tobacco and Alcoholic Beverage regulations. Follow the work schedule as posted, unless a change in schedule is arranged with the Store Manager. Notify the Store Manager of all sales, cash, or operation discrepancies. Close out and reconcile all shift reports. Attending Management meetings when required. Attending and hosting Store meetings monthly.
Prepare shift change reports at the end of shift in accordance with company guidelines. Supervise others while accounting for company funds. Properly post all hours worked on the timesheet or time clock, and sign verifying all hours worked. Notify the Store Manager of any discrepancies in the operating results on the shift report, or cash over or short conditions within 24 hours. Perform proper sale and accounting transactions for money orders, lottery, gasoline, credit cards, etc. during shift. Complete two gas surveys daily. Complete tracking sheets such as; fuel compliance, cigarette tracking, employee tracking, equipment log, lottery audit, and build top’s.
– Security and Safety
Share the responsibility for controlling the inventory on the shift or in the store. Follow company policy with regard to cash levels in registers, and make safe drops as directed by the Store Manager. Follow the correct vendor check‑in and check-out procedure as directed by the Store Manager. Protect company assets at all times. Watch video and complete video log and perform random store visits during off hours. Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to the District Manager, Director of Operations and/or Human Resource.
Keep coolers, drink boxes, store shelves, and displays fully stocked and fronted at all times. Properly clean and maintain equipment and prepare sandwiches, fountain drinks, etc., as directed by Store Manager Use correct pricing as listed in our price book.
Keep store floors clean at all times, with specific responsibility being assigned by the Store Manager. Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance a minimum of one check a hour. Clean windows, floors, shelving, counters, restrooms, and gas pumps to ensure they remain clean at all times. Immediately advise the Store Manager of any maintenance problems. Perform regular maintenance and clean-up on the car wash. Refill and maintain Coffee machines and fountain bars making sure fresh drinks are available at all times. Shoveling, salting and maintaining all areas during inclement weather.
Guest Specialist, Garrett’s Family Market Mashpee/ Centerville – Entry Level Full Time/ Part Time
|As a Guest Specialist, customer service is our number one priority. Our Sales Associates are not just cashiers. Our Associates are required to do the following.
1. Provide an enthusiastic “beaming” greeting to all customers upon entering the store or on the phone.
2. Get to know your customers and use their name.
3. Go out of your way to make customers feel important and valued. Give 100% attention to customers.
4. Move quickly to provide fast service.
5. Offer suggestions and promotions.
6. Thank customers for their business and invite them back.
Without our customers we would not be in business. It’s imperative that they receive 100% of our attention and we show appreciation for their business.
Store Manager, Garrett’s Family Market Falmouth/ Centerville/ Mashpee – Full Time
Responsible for the efficient, profitable, and safe operation of the facility. Employs, supervises, and trains facility personnel.
Reports to and receives direct supervision from the District Manager. May receive direction and supervision from the Director of Operations.
Supervises all facility personnel
Principle Job Duties
– Responsible for all cash, credit invoices, merchandising, and equipment at the facility.
– Maintains proper sales, inventory, accounting, payroll and time cards.
– Responsible for getting reports to the main office in a timely manner.
– Responsible for overall physical image (cleanliness) and maintenance of the facility.
– Provides prompt and courteous customer service according to the operating standards of the company.
– Merchandises facility according to the operating standards of the company.
– Responsible for meeting sales objectives and labor. Assists in development of advertising, promotional and merchandising programs.
– Advertises for, interviews, employs, and trains all facility employees in product knowledge, sales techniques, personal appearance.
– Responsible for all employees’ attendance in the orientation training class, before they begin work at the facility.
– Evaluates and recommends pay rate increases for employees.
– Consults with the District Manager and/or Director of Operations concerning disciplinary action and promotions.
– Conducts safety and environmental programs. Handles all incident reports and turns them in within 24 hours of the incident.
– Responsible for customer relations of the facility.
– Will perform any other duties as may be directed by the District Manager or Director of Operations.
– Responsible for safety, sales, operation on a monthly basis.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
– Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to the District Manager, Director of Operations and/or Human Resource.
– Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
– Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Be able to perform arithmetic calculations in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports, and account for numbers of a variety of products during vendor check‑in. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.
2. Be able to read, understand and write English language at an eighth grade level.
3. Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification and process necessary transactions.
4. Be able to read and understand instructions for operating electronic cash registers and other equipment.
5. Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk cartons and soft drinks, beer, and juice containers, etc. at least once per shift.
6. Be able to bend, stoop, push and pull to stock shelves and coolers.
7. Be able to sit/stand for up to a full eight-hour shift in the performance of job duties.
8. Be able to use fingers bilaterally and unilaterally (one‑handed) in the operation of store equipment such as cash registers, computers and adding machines.
9. Be able to work around gasoline fumes, odors, and cleaning products.
10. Be able to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 10 pounds and moving it to the fire area.
11. Be able to climb a two-to-five-foot ladder and maintain balance to clean windows and stock and arrange coolers and shelves, hang and/or change signs in and around the store.
12. Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place them in an outside bin.
13. Be able to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the convenience store including shoveling and salting when needed.
14. Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 33 degrees up to 30 minutes at a time.
15. SERV safe Certification Required
16. Allergen Awareness Certification required.
17. Class C Operator Certification required.
18. UST Vapor Recovery Certification Required
19. Valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance required.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
Regular – Anytime during normal store operating hours. Required to work 45 – 50 hours per week, attend managers meetings and responsible for store operations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.