Susan Drevitch Kelly
Career Coach ◊ Career Transition Manager ◊ Life Coach ◊ Second Act Strategist◊ Corporate Mentor
- With a BS–Summa cum Laude in Biology/Chemistry from Suffolk University, and an MS and Postgraduate Studies in the Biological Sciences at Harvard University, Susan has been offering exceptional career transition management, mentoring & career coaching services to private and corporate clients, as well as job seeker networking groups for over 35 years.
- She works closely and compassionately, providing in-depth services to diverse clientele, from young professionals seeking guidance in their first major career change, seniors looking for their “Second Act” career, 50+ job seekers trying to figure out how to overcome ageism, entrepeneurial job seekers looking to combine their passion with a profession, and senior managers striving for a C-level role.
- With the formation of D. Kelly & Associates in 1987, Susan quickly established herself as a premier and highly respected retained search consultant, career coach and mentor to clients throughout the country. Managing her global business in the retained search field for a 30+ year span, Susan’s base of knowledge and extensive network of professional contacts on a national and international scope within diverse industries provides her with the unique ability to leverage her long-standing business relationships on behalf of her coaching clients and assist them in desired transitions throughout their careers.
- With her in-depth understanding and ability to implement unique strategies to recruit passive, hidden talent for corporate clients, Susan has personally trained numerous research associates and recruiters for her team. She now offers Corporate Coach/Mentor services to HR/Talent Acquisition professionals looking to gain an ‘inside edge’ in filling challenging openings in a high demand/low supply environment. In the current climate, recruiting finesse is essential for success in attracting the right talent; traditional recruiting practices are just not effective for filling high priority requisitions in a timely and efficient fashion.
- In addition to her private coaching practice, Susan serves as Program Director for the
50+ Job Seekers Regional Networking Groups, a program she conceptualized, developed and launched in January 2015 with funding obtained from MCOA [Massachusetts Councils of Aging] operating within Governor Baker’s Executive Office of Elder Services. Susan is a strong advocate for the “Mature Worker” and this regional networking group program was conceived specifically to provide group coaching services and support to mature job seekers in the 50+ demographic facing the challenges of ageism/age bias along with the normal challenges of any job seeker. This program started with 3 pilot sites in FY15 and with additional funding each year, she has expanded the program to its current 17 locations throughout the State, managing 8 Group Leaders and 17 Co-Facilitators. Susan just recently received funding thru FY21 and is also beginning to license the program to interested new host sites to insure the continued expansion of the program throughout MA.
- Susan has been a popular Guest Speaker, workshop facilitator and panelist at numerous venues in recent years [MCOA Annual Conference, COAs, Suffolk University, DOVE, WIND, Wright Management] addressing topics such as Dream your Way to Transformation; Goal Setting your Way to Change; ReInvention after 50 is Possible; Removing Obstacles to Transformation; Volunteerism as a Path to Employment; Pathway to Freedom: Financial Security; Employment: a Pathway to Purpose; Write Your Passion Play. She thoroughly enjoys the opportunity to speak to both large and small groups and s passionate about inspiring her audience to seek self-discovery and strive for transformation at any age.
- Susan is passionately committed to Volunteerism and has been actively involved in a number of nonprofit initiatives: sitting on the Dean’s Advisory Council, School of Art & Sciences, Suffolk University for several years, Past President and former Board of Directors of MPPC, Board of Directors-State Ballet of Rhode Island; Lector at her local church; Volunteer with DOVE, Inc and New Hope, Inc as Job Counselor for victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence residing in shelter; MOVA Certified SafePlan Court Advocate for victims seeking restraining orders in the court systems of Bristol and Worcester counties. She moved to Scituate in January 2017 and has become an active member of the community, joining the South Shore Chamber of Commerce and FOSS (Friends of Scituate Seniors), serving as Lector and recently-elected member of the Pastoral Parish Council at St. Mary’s. Susan was also just recently appointed to the Board of Directors of the Scituate Council on Aging by the Board of Selectmen and will serve a 2-year term.
- When Susan is not busy with her career coaching endeavors and volunteerism, you will probably find her on the ballroom floor. She has been competing in Pro-AM International Latin Ballroom throughout the USA with her professional dance partner, Jan Ondrias since 2014. Or, you may find her on her mat; Susan is a passionate practitioner of a daily meditation and yoga practice, and has completed 25 programs at Kripalu Yoga & Wellness Center in the Berkshires over the past seven years.